|This recipe is liked by 0 person(s).|
Nb persons: 0
Yield: 2 medium pizzas
Source: adapted from Stone Soup.com
|250g (8.8oz)||bread flour, or AP flour, or mostly AP flour with a 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten flour|
|150g||water, 110-115F for proofing yeast, if necessary|
|3 Tablespoons||olive oil, (this was my addition)|
|1 teaspoon||dried yeast|
1. proof yeast, if necessary, adding a small amount of sugar
2. combine flour, water, yeast and salt in a bowl until the mixture comes together.
3. transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead the dough for at least 5 minutes, preferably 10. or, knead for 5 min in the bowl that you mixed the dough in, adjusting texture with flour or water as needed. try to add as little flour as possible.
4. lightly oil a bowl (or wipe out and oil that same bowl) and pop the dough back in. cover and stand for at least 1/2 hour but preferably an hour.
5. preheat oven to 475F
6. divide dough into 2 and roll out on a lightly floured surface using a rolling pin until the pizza is about 25cm (12in diameter). or, press into a roughly pizza-shaped blob on your baking sheet. also, I like to prebake the crust for 2 min before adding toppings.
7. (scatter a pizza peel or baking tray with optional semolina), if using and top with your chosen ingredients.
8. bake for 8-10 min, until crust is lightly browned and crispy to your liking
Recipe uploaded with Shop'NCook recipe organizer software.