Nb persons: 1
Yield: 362 cals
Source: Tesco Diets
|1 tsp||vegetable oil|
|¼ tsp||fennel seeds|
|¼ tsp||mustard seeds|
|¼ tsp||black onion seeds|
|½ inch||root ginger|
|2 pinch||chilli powder|
|1 pinch||garam masala|
|1 small tin||chopped tomatoes|
|1¼ oz||basmati rice|
|1 tbsp||fresh coriander|
1. Finely chop the onion, mince the garlic and ginger, peel and cube the potato and break the cauliflower into small florets.
2. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the spice seeds and cook until they start to pop.
3. Next add the onion and fry for 2 minutes until softened and then stir in the ginger, garlic and chilli powder.
4. Add the cauliflower florets, garam masala and turmeric and cook for 2-3 minutes before adding the potato, tomatoes and 50ml (2fl ozs) water.
5. Cover with a lid, reduce the heat and cook for about 20 minutes.
6. As the Aloo gobi simmers, cook the rice according to packet instructions, omitting any additional oil or salt mentioned.
7. Serve with a garnish of roughly chopped coriander.
Recipe uploaded with Shop'NCook recipe organizer software.