Orange Shrimp with Pasta
Nb persons: 0
|1/2 lb.||pasta, or Papparelle's Basil Tangerine Pasta|
|1 large||orange, zested and juiced|
|1 lb.||shrimp, cleaned and deveined|
|1 T||olive oil|
|2 large||shallots, finely diced|
|1 t||brown sugar|
|1 T||champagne vinegar|
|1 1/2 cups||orange juice, fresh squeezed|
|1/4 t||black pepper|
|4||scallions, cut on a bias|
1. In a large bowl combine the zest and juice from 1 large orange, thyme and shrimp. Cover and marinate for 1 hour.
2. Warm olive oil in a large saute pan. Add shallots and cook until translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
3. Add shrimp with marinade and saute for approzimately 1 minute on medium heat. Add brown sugar and mix until dissolved. Add champagne vinegar and stir together. Pour in the 1 1/2 cups of orange juice and bring the mixture to a simmer.
4. Remove the shrimp and reduce the liquid by half. Remove and discard the thyme. Season sauce with salt and pepper and continue to cook until thickened.
5. Meanwhile, cook pasta in separate pot of rapidly boiling water until al dente (8-10 minutes). Drain and pour the sauce over the shrimp. Garnish with diced scallions, if desired.
Recipe uploaded with Shop'NCook recipe organizer software.