|This recipe is liked by 0 person(s).|
Fruity Chicken Curry with Rice
Nb persons: 1
|1 tsp||curry powder|
|1 tsp||lemon juice|
|100 ml||apple juice|
|4 oz||chicken fillet|
|1 tbsp||low fat plain yogurt|
|1 oz||brown rice, additional|
1. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a gentle heat and add the curry powder. Toast the curry powder, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes, until the colour darkens slightly and the powder becomes aromatic.
2. Add the cored and diced apple, the sliced spring onion whites, sliced mushrooms, lemon juice and all but 1-2 tablespoons of the apple juice. Bring to a boil.
3. Slice the chicken into strips. Add the chicken and sultanas to the apple mixture and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, around 15 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and arrange on platter, keeping it warm.
4. Blend the cornflour with the remaining apple juice and add to the apple mixture, increasing the heat to high and stirring until the sauce thickens. Stir in yogurt and then pour over chicken.
5. Garnish with chopped spring onion greens.
Recipe uploaded with Shop'NCook recipe organizer software.
Display the recipe for printing
View the .scx source of the recipe
Download the .scx source of the recipe