|This recipe is liked by 0 person(s).|
Thanksgiving Pecan Pie
Nb persons: 8
Yield: 1 pie
Preparation time: 30
Total time: 50-60 minutes plus 4 hours to cool
Source: Joan Gorton
|Pie Crust (Anne's Recipe)|
|3 cups||all-purpose flour|
|1 1/2 t.||salt|
|2 1/2 sticks||butter, cold., (10 oz.)|
|1/2 cup||ice water|
|6 Tbs.||unsalted butter|
|1 cup||firmly packed dark brown sugar|
|3/4 cup||light corn syrup|
|1 Tbs.||vanilla extract|
|1 cup||finely ground pecans|
|1 cup||chopped pecans|
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
1. Cut in butter with dry ingredients. Add shortening and ice water. Form into ball, wrap in wax paper and rest in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
2. Roll out dough and fit to pie tin.
3. Prick bottom of pie crust. Line with wax paper and fill with beans.
4. Bake it for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10 minutes more.
5. Brush shell with 1 egg yolk and 1/4 tsp water.
6. Bake for 2 more minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 275 degrees.
1. In double boiler, melt butter.
2. Remove from heat and whisk in sugar, salt, eggs (one at at time), corn syrup and vanilla.
3. Return bowl to heat and stir until mixture is shiny and warm to the touch.
4. Add finely ground pecans and chopped pecans.
5. Bake in oven for 50-60 minutes, or until center feels set, but still slightly soft.
6. Cool at least 4 hours.
Recipe uploaded with Shop'NCook recipe organizer software.