|This recipe is liked by 1 person(s).|
Sri Lankan Fish Curry
Nb persons: 10
Source: Facebook SriLankan Cookbook
|Sri Lankan Fish Curry|
|20||curry leaves plus 20 extra leaves, fried in oil, to serve|
|4||shallots, finely sliced|
|4 cloves||garlic, finely sliced|
|2 teaspoons||fennel seeds|
|6||cardamom seeds, cracked|
|1 teaspoon||fenugreek soaked in water|
|1||green chilli, thinly sliced into rounds|
|1/2 kitchen spoon||Sri Lankan fish curry powder|
|1kg||diced sweet potato, (1.5cm dice)|
|150g||coconut cream powder mixed with 1 litre warm water|
|3 cups||basmati rice, washed|
|4 1/2 cups||water|
|Pol Sambal (Coconut)|
|1||whole fresh coconut, grated|
|1 tablespoon||Maldives? fish|
|3 teaspoons||chilli powder|
|1||spanish onion, very finely chopped|
|1 teaspoon||black pepper corns, crushed|
|2 medium||Lebanese cucumbers halved, seeded and very finely chopped|
|1 medium||lemon, juiced|
|1 small||red onion, very finely diced|
|1 teaspoon||roasted whole cumin seeds, ground|
|½ teaspoon||diced green chilli|
|½ teaspoon||sea salt|
|4||vine-ripened tomatoes, scored and cored|
|10||snapper fillets, about 180g each skin on and scored|
1. Combine rice and water in a rice cooker and season with salt. Cook according to rice cooker instructions.
Pol Sambal (Coconut)
1. Combine grated coconut, maldive fish, chilli powder, chopped onion and crushed black pepper in a mortar. Pound with pestle until well mixed. Add lime juice a little at a time to taste, season with salt.
1. Place all ingredients into a bowl. Mix together checking taste.
1. Blanch tomatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10-12 seconds, transfer tomatoes to a bowl of iced water to cool, drain.
2. Cut tomatoes in quarters and scrape out seeds. Chop tomatoes into 2cm dice.
1. Season fish skin with sea salt. Cook fish 2 at a time on a flat grill plate, skin-side down for 2-3 minutes or until skin is crisp. Transfer to a tray, keep warm.
2. Combine curry sauce and sweet potato in a large saucepan and re-heat.
Bowl of coconut sambal
Bowl of yoghurt raita
10 lime halves wrapped in muslin
Pot of re-heated curry sauce
Coriander cress, picked
Cooked basmati rice
Tray of cooked snapper
20 fried curry leaves
Extra grated coconut to serve
1. Spoon raita and coconut sambal among condiment serving dishes with lime halves.
2. Spoon curry sauce into bowls and top with tomato and coriander cress.
3. Spoon rice onto plate and top with fish. Spoon a little grated coconut over the fish and top with fried curry leaves, then place curry sauce bowl onto plate.
Recipe uploaded with Shop'NCook recipe organizer software.