|This recipe is liked by 0 person(s).|
WHITE VELVET CAKE
Nb persons: 0
Preparation time: 20 MINUTES
Total time: 55 MINUTES
|WHITE VELVET CAKE WHITE VELVET CAKE cook time: 35 MINUTES White Velvet Cake - developed from an outstanding Red Velvet Cake recipe, this white cake is a perfectly moist and tender crumbed cake that would make an ideal birthday cake. 4.3 Stars (66 Reviews) Ingredients|
|1 1/4 cups||sifted all purpose flour|
|1 1/2 cups||sifted cake flour|
|1/2 teaspoon||baking soda|
|1 1/2 tsp||baking powder|
|1 1/2 cups||sugar|
|2/3 cup||vegetable oil|
|1/3 cup||vegetable shortening at room temperature|
|* 3 tablespoons good quality vanilla extract, if you want pure white use clear vanilla extract-maybe try 2 T and 1 tsp almond extract|
|1 1/2 cups||buttermilk|
1. Sift together both flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar. Set aside.
2. Grease and flour 2 nine inch round cake pans and line the bottom with 2 circles of parchment paper.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer beat together the vegetable oil, shortening and vanilla. Beat well at high speed with whisk attachment until light and fluffy.
4. Beat the eggs in one at a time.
5. Fold in the dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk.
6. I always add dry ingredients in three divisions and liquid ingredients in 2 divisions. It is very important to begin and end the additions with the dry ingredients. Do not over mix the batter. As soon as it has no lumps in the batter, pour into the two prepared 9 inch cake pans.
7. Bake at 325 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the pans for 10 minutes before turning out onto wire racks to cool completely.
8. I've frosted this cake with Marshmallow Frosting but any good vanilla frosting is great on this cake. Find the frosting recipe with our Black and White Cake.
9 x 13 ? pan worked perfectly.