|This recipe is liked by 0 person(s).|
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Pinwheels
Nb persons: 0
Yield: about 60 cookies
Preparation time: 25minutes
Total time: 33 minutes
|1 18-ounce||roll refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough|
|1/4 cup||all-purpose flour|
|1 18-ounce||roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough|
|1/4 cup||unsweetened cocoa powder|
|1/2 cup||finely chopped peanuts, (optional)|
1. In a large mixing bowl combine peanut butter cookie dough and flour; use a wooden spoon to mix well. Divide dough in half.
2. In another large mixing bowl combine sugar cookie dough and cocoa powder; use another wooden spoon to mix well. Divide dough in half.
3. . Between pieces of waxed paper, roll out half of the peanut butter dough and half of the sugar cookie dough into 12x6-inch rectangles. Remove the top pieces of waxed paper. Invert one rectangle on top of the other; press down gently to seal. Remove top piece of waxed paper. Tightly roll up into a spiral, starting from a long side. Repeat with remaining dough portions.
4. If desired, sprinkle half of the peanuts onto waxed paper. Roll 1 log of dough in peanuts. Wrap in waxed paper or plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining dough and peanuts, if desired. Wrap and chill dough logs 1 hour or until firm enough to slice.
5. Using a sharp knife, cut dough logs into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place slices 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are firm. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
Shape logs of dough; wrap and chill up to 1 week or freeze up to 1 month. Thaw frozen dough 3 hours in refrigerator before slicing.
Recipe uploaded with Shop'NCook recipe organizer software.