|This recipe is liked by 0 person(s).|
Stuffed Peppers (crockpot)
Nb persons: 0
|6 large||bell peppers|
|1 1/2 lb||lean, (at least 80%) ground beef|
|2 teaspoons||olive oil|
|1/4 cup||finely chopped onion|
|2 cloves||finely chopped garlic|
|1 1/2 cups||cooked white rice|
|1 teaspoon||kosher salt|
|1/4 teaspoon||black pepper|
|1 can (15 oz)||tomato sauce|
|1 1/4 cups||shredded Cheddar cheese, (5 oz)|
1. Trim tops off bell peppers; remove ribs and seeds. Set aside.
2. Place beef in large bowl; set aside.
3. In 6-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat; add chopped onion. Cook until onion softens, stirring every few minutes. Add garlic; cook 60 seconds. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
4. Add rice, salt and pepper to beef. Add cooked onion and garlic; mix to combine. Stuff peppers with beef mixture; arrange in slow cooker. Pour tomato sauce over peppers.
5. Cook on Low heat setting 6 hours; last 30 minutes of cooking, top peppers with cheese.