|This recipe is liked by 0 person(s).|
Goetta (Regular Method)
Nb persons: 0
|2 1/2 cups||DORSEL'S Pinhead Oatmeal|
|1 large||onion sliced|
|1 to 4||bay leaves,, (optional)|
*VARIATION: Substitute 2 teaspoons dried summer savory in place of onion and bay leaves.
1. Put water into pan, when boiling, add salt, pepper, and oatmeal.
2. Cook 2 hours, stirring often, keep lid on while cooking over low heat.
3. Add meat, onion, and bay leaves, mix well.
4. Let cook 1 hour, stirring often.
5. Pour into bread pans. When cool, place in refrigerator.
Will keep for days.
6. When ready to use, slice the loaf of goetta and put into a pan in which there is a little hot bacon fat. Fry until well browned. (Very good for breakfast.)
Recipe uploaded with Shop'NCook for iPhone.