|This recipe is liked by 2 person(s).|
Nb persons: 0
Source: Meal Planning Made Easy: http://mealplanningmadeeasy.blogspot.com/2007/09/tabouli.html
|In the Middle East, tabouli is quite the popular dish. Some of the main ingredients used to create this recipe include parsley and bulgur, which is a boiled and dried form of wheat. After making your own tabouli, you may pair this dish with hummus, spread across pita sandwiches, or use as a dip. Ingredients|
|4 cups||finely chopped parsley, (about 3 to 4 bunches of parsley)|
|½ cup||mint, (finely chopped)|
|Six||spring onions, (finely sliced)|
|3/4 to 1 cup||strained lemon juice, (to taste)|
|½ cup||olive oil|
|Garlic, crushed, (optional)|
|Four||diced tomatoes, (firm and ripe)|
|1 teaspoon||salt, (optional)|
1) Set all of the ingredients together and begin the process of washing vegetables.
2) Start by washing the parsley (running water to remove excess dirt), followed by washing the bulgur to remove any foreign matter. Shake the parsley to remove excess water.
3) Soak the bulgur in water for 20 to 25 minutes in a large bowl.
4) Drain the water and squeeze the bulgur using paper towels to get rid of extra water.
5) Mix the bulgur in a large bowl, combining the parsley, mint and spring onions.
6) Add the lemon juice, salt, and garlic ? stirring afterwards.
7) Stir in the parsley.
8) Add the tomatoes and lightly toss throughout the salad ? making sure not to crush the tomatoes.
9) Serve the tabouli with pita bread or spread across whole romaine lettuce leafs.
Recipe uploaded with Shop'NCook recipe organizer software.