|This recipe is liked by 0 person(s).|
Brown Rice California Rolls
Nb persons: 6
|1 c||short-grain brown rice|
|3 Tbsp||seasoned rice vinegar|
|1||Hass avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into 18 slices|
|8 ounces||imitation crab stick, (surimi), cut into 6 equal portions|
Reduced-sodium soy sauce
1. COMBINE the rice and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
2. COMBINE the vinegar and sugar in a small bowl and stir into the rice. Let stand for 15 minutes.
3. PLACE a bamboo sushi mat on a work surface. Place a sheet of nori on the mat with a long side closest to you. With slightly damp hands, spread 1/2 c of the rice on the nori, leaving a 1" border along the top edge. Arrange 3 avocado slices end to end in a horizontal line about 1 1/2" from the edge closest to you. Top with 1/6 of the crab.
4. GRASP the edges of the nori and the mat closest to you. Fold the bottom over the filling and roll up, jelly roll?style, pressing down slightly with each quarter turn. Seal the roll with a few drops of water or grains of rice on the edge of the nori. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make six rolls.
5. TRANSFER the rolls to a cutting board. With a serrated knife dipped in hot water, cut each roll crosswise into six pieces.
6. SERVE with wasabi and soy on the side.
NUTRITION (per serving) 186.5 cal, 4.5 g pro, 32.6 g carb, 3.4 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 4.2 g fat, 0.5 g sat fat, 242.4 mg sodium
Recipe uploaded with Shop'NCook for iPhone.