|This recipe is liked by 2 person(s).|
Mama's Cheese Cake
Nb persons: 8
|2x 8 oz||blocks cream cheese|
|1 cup||sour cream|
|1/2 cup||sugar,, (could be more or less by taste)|
|2 tsp||vanilla extract|
|1 tsp||lemon extract|
|2 cups||Graham cracker crumbs, (in Australia, we used Marie biscuits)|
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Place cream cheese in mixing bowl and let soften to room temperature.
2. Prepare the crust. In small sauce pan, melt the butter, then stir in the sugar. Remove from heat. Stir in cracker crumbs.
3. Press crumb mixture into 9-10" pie pan.
4. Beat cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, and sugar until blended and creamy. Add vanilla and lemon extracts and beat until well mixed.
5. Pour cream cheese mixture into pie pan with prepared crust.
6. Bake at 325 F for 25-35 minutes. Cheese cake is finished when the centre still moves a little when shaken and when the top has a few cracks in it.
NOTE: We just recreated this recipe from memory the other day and found that we could stretch the crumbs and mixture to 2 pies, so we did. A deeper pie dish would mean you could squeeze it into one. Because we stretched it to two, we could up the servings to 16.