|This recipe is liked by 0 person(s).|
Carrot Cake Pancakes
Nb persons: 2
Yield: 3 pancakes
Source: Everyday Happy Herbivore
|1 c||white whole-wheat flour|
|1 T||baking powder|
|1/2 tsp||ground cinnamon|
|2 tsp||light brown sugar, (optional)|
|1/2 c||nondairy milk|
|1/4 c||shredded carrots|
pure maple syrup, for serving
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and spices together.
2. Add brown sugar if using, nondairy milk, and water, and stir to combine.
3. Let batter rest for 10 min.
4. Meanwhile, grate carrots as finely as possible and heat a nonstick skillet or spritz a frying pan with cooking spray. When a drop of water fizzles on the skillet, its ready.
5. Turn heat down to low and mix carrot pieces into batter.
6. Pour pancake batter 1/4 c at a time onto skillet. Cook on one side until bubbles form, about 2 min, then gently flip and cook for another 2-3 min. Repeat, remixing batter between each pancake since the carrot pieces tend to sink down.
7. Serve with pure maple syrup.
Optional: Add 1/8 c amaretto in place of some of the water
Recipe uploaded with Shop'NCook recipe organizer software.