|This recipe is liked by 0 person(s).|
Cherry Red Wine Sauce
Nb persons: 0
|Cherry Red Wine Sauce|
|2 cups||red wine|
|1 pound||bing cherries, pitted and halved|
- In a medium saucepan, heat the wine and sugar over medium heat, stir with a spatula until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add cherries and star anise. Slice the vanilla bean lengthwise, scrape the inside out with a knife. Add the scraped insides and the empty bean to the pot. Bring to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, remove from heat. Let Sit for 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the cherries from the liquid and place in a bowl. Set aside.
- Bring the remaining liquid to a boil. Let boil until reduced by half, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the star anise and vanilla bean. Pour the reduced liquid over the cherries. Spoon over bowls of ice cream, yogurt, pound cake or just serve it with a big spoon!
Recipe uploaded with Shop'NCook for iPhone.