|This recipe is liked by 0 person(s).|
Peaches poached with bourbon
Nb persons: 0
Yield: 5 12oz jars
Total time: 2h 30m
|Active time 30 mins|
|4lbs||peaches, (about 12)|
|2||vanilla beans, split and scraped, pods preserved|
1) bring large pot water to boil, and prepare ice water bath. Cut a small X in bottom of each peach. Boil peaches 1 min.
2) transfer to ice bath. Let cool slightly. Peel & pit peaches, cut into 3/4" wedges.
3) bring 4c water to boil, along with sugar, vanilla seeds and pods in large saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add peaches & bourbon. Simmer until peaches are tender but still hold their shape, 5-7 mins.
4) transfer peaches to large bowl using slotted spoon. Cook syrup over medium heat until reduced by half, 15 mins. Pour over peaches. Let cool completely.
5) divide peaches among five 12oz jars using slotted spoon. Pour syrup over top. Seal jars and refrigerate until ready to use. Can be stored for up to 1 month in refrigerator.
Recipe uploaded with Shop'NCook for iPhone.