What is Direct Access?
Direct Access is a recipe database that created by its users. Thanks to numerous contributions, Direct Access has evolved in few months from a minor database of a couple of thousands recipes into a giant one of 30,000 recipes (and growing).
Here is what makes the success of Direct Access
- Adding a recipe to Direct Access is child's game: contrarily to other database where the ingredients of the recipes have to be input separately, you just need to paste the recipe from the clipboard or type it in. Shop'NCook's parsing engine will recognize the ingredients and index the recipe automatically.
- The Direct Access database is always with you: you can add recipe to the database and consult it anytime anywhere - on the internet, on your iPhone via the free app Shop'NCook Lite or on your computer using Shop'NCook software for Windows and Mac.
- You can access immediately the recipes you have added and keep completely control of them: you can edit them if you want to, or even remove them altogether from the database.
- Direct Access is also a great way to share your recipes with friends. You get your very own RSS feed that allow you to publish automatically your most recent recipes directly in your Facebook profile, in your blog or elsewhere online.
- Shop'NCook software and Shop'NCook Lite app for the iPhone allow you to scale your recipes to the number of servings you need et let you make categorized shopping lists from your recipes with a click.
Displaying recipesTo access the recipes, select a category on the left or use the search tool. The titles of the recipes are followed by a number in parenthesis that indicates the number of persons having added the recipe to their favorites.
Creating an account
To create an account, click on login. Creating an account is free et allows to:
- access easily the recipes you have added and edit them if you wish to;
- to create and access a list of favorite recipes;
- to have your own RSS feeds to share your recipes online with your friends in Facebook and other social networking sites. Two feeds are available: a feed containing the last recipe you have added with its text, and the other one containing the list of the last 10 recipes you have uploaded.
Latest 20 recipes
- ATK creamy Caesar dressing (ATK)
- Grammy Hambrook's Molasses Cookies
- Salade de homard, mangue et lait de coco à l?émulsion de cantaloup et pastis
- Verrine de fromage de chèvre au basilic et tomates confites
- Blanc de volaille de grain du Pont couvert aux herbes fines
- Almôndegas com raspas de laranja e recheio de mozarela de búfala
- CORN - Grilled Corn Bites
- CHICKEN - Cold Fried Chicken
- WRAPS - TORTILLA - CHICKEN - Chicken Bacon Veggie Wrap
- TURNOVER - PILLSBURY - Picnic Pocket with Turkey, Apples and Brie
- FRITTATA - Frittata with Peppers and Onions with Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce
- BRUSCHETTA - Peach, Fig and Arugula Salad with Crispy Pancetta and Gorgonzola
- Torta delle rose
- Pasta Biscotto Vegan-Bimby
- EGGS BENEDICT - Texas Eggs Benedict
- FRIED POTATOES - Home Fries with Roasted Poblano, Cilantro, Green Onions, Radicchio, and Creamy Garlic Dressing
- MONKEY BREAD - Pecan Pie Monkey Bread
- Shish Kebabs with Lemon-Tahini Sauce
- Spicy Pork With Zucchini Ribbons
- Mini Zucchini-Dill Pancakes